You guys, this Dark Chocolate Mint Mocha is divine. Seriously. My friend Mariel over at @amazingpaleo made this using our Mint Chocolate Chip coconut butter and I just had to try it out. We no longer carry our Mint Chocolate Chip flavor, but you can easily replicate it with our Dark Chocolate Fudge and a couple of drops of peppermint extract to taste. Just like the pictures, it came out amazing and was the perfect treat for a weekend treat. Back off Starbucks, we've got some serious competition here and better yet, this one is Paleo approved! Be sure to refrigerate the coconut milk overnight so you have a great whipped cream texture! Enjoy!
- Sauce pan
- Standing mixer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
For the mocha:
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton)
- 3 tablespoons Nikki’s Mint Chocolate Chip Coconut Butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 shot of espresso
For the whipped cream:
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (or fine coconut sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make whipped cream ahead of time. Open chilled coconut milk can and carefully scoop off the cream that has risen to the top (only the cream); place coconut cream on standing mixer’s bowl and beat the cream on high until peaks start to form, about 2-3 minutes. Add in half of the powdered sugar (or coconut sugar) and beat for 1 minute. Add in the rest of the powdered sugar, along with the vanilla extract, and beat for another minute. Place whipped cream in the refrigerator while you prepare the mocha.
- Place sauce pan under medium heat, and add all mocha ingredients (except for the shot of espresso). Bring to a simmer and allow ingredients to simmer for about 3 minutes; whisk constantly.
- Make your favorite shot of espresso and add it to the cup where you’re going to serve your mocha. Immediately pour hot mocha mixture on top of the shot of espresso. Top it off with lots of whipped cream. Enjoy!
* Yields one 12 ounce cup
This recipe was created by our friend, Mariel over at @amazingpaleo on IG. For more Paleo and Gluten Free recipes, check out her blog at amazingpaleo.com!