Vanilla Roasted Strawberry Crepes
A lot of people may not know that growing up, I spent some time in France. One of our family traditions while we lived there was going to the movies on a Friday night and picking up some crepes at the stand near the theater. My go-to was a simple strawberry crepe and it was divine! Only later on did I discover the wonders of nutella and bananas, but that's for another post.
When my friend, Denise (@denimelon on IG) sent me this recipe, I was immediately brought back to those days and reminisced upon those warm, fresh made crepes with the sweet strawberry combination. This one really elevates the flavor of the strawberries by adding the vanilla and roasting them in the oven. I'm so excited to share these with you and hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Honey Pecan Pie Coconut Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract + 2 tsp (for strawberries)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1.5 tsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or other non dairy milk)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 lb strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. While oven is preheating, whisk together the eggs until they just come together. Then whisk in the Honey Pecan Pie coconut butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and coconut milk.
- Add the tapioca starch, coconut flour, and pinch of salt to the wet ingredients. Whisk until batter comes together and no lumps remain. Set aside and pre-heat a 6-8 inch fry pan with a little fat of choice, about 1/2 tsp (i.e. butter, ghee, coconut oil) over low heat.
- Toss the sliced strawberries with 2 tsp vanilla. In a single layer, spread out the strawberries and bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, until strawberries are soft and fragrant. Tossing berries once.
- While strawberries are roasting, make the crepes. Pour about 2-3 tbsp of the batter into the pre-heated greased pan. Rotate the pan until the bottom is covered in a thin layer of batter. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until edges start to brown slightly and curl. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Remove strawberries from oven and allow to cool slightly. To assemble the crepes, add the strawberries to the crepes and fold. Top with more Honey Pecan Pie coconut butter, or other favorite toppings!