No Bake Cake Pops
No Bake Cake Pops
You guys- these cake pops are the perfect birthday treat and special bite for anyone! Paleo, vegan, keto, you name it! Anyone who loves a good sweet treat will LOVE these! My friend, Rachel, came up with these sweet bites on a pop and I love that she did. They are just so special.
- 1/2 c + 2T coconut flour
- 1 c cashews
- 2.5 T honey
- 4 dates
- 1/4 c sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 1 T Cashew Cookie Coconut Butter, melted
Chocolate coating :
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 2 T Dark Chocolate Nikki’s Coconut Butter
- In a food processor or blender, chop up the cup of cashews and the dates until they are in small pieces but not too finely milled (think meal rather than flour). Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined and a bit sticky. Roll into 1.5 inch balls. Store in the fridge while you are preparing your chocolate dipping mixture.
- For the icing shell, you will gently melt chocolate with coconut butter. I use a double broiler for this to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn, but if you do a microwave, just be sure to turn the power to a lower heat. The chocolate should be melted enough to combine, but NOT piping hot. If it runs out of the bowl, it's too hot and you'll need to wait for it to cool down. It should be warm to touch only and about the consistency of a caramel sauce...that's when you know your cake pops are ready for dipping!
- Remove the cake pops from the fridge and press a paper straw through them, almost reaching the top of the pop, but not going all the way through. Dip into the chocolate mixture and allow the excess to drain off, using fingers to smooth out any clumps if necessary. Add on your sprinkles or topping of choice.
- Now the important part! If you lay these flat, they'll have an indention in them since the chocolate is still not set. The best way to do them is to stick them in a mason jar upright where they can dry without having any pressure on them. This keeps the cake pop formed into a beautiful ball! Store them in the fridge to set (this goes quick!). Then you can remove and store them or gift them when they're at room temperature.
These are so yummy but do not cause the sugar-hangover effect of typical cake! And they are a blast to make with the helping hands of kids! Recipe and pics by Rachel of @theheartfelttable. Go check her IG profile for more healthy creations!