These amazing donuts were created by our friend Denise, and I have a confession to make. This recipe has been sitting in my computer files for two whole years! Somehow, I totally forgot to post and share it, but here's the thing: Every time I would come across the recipe, it was outside of Pumpkin Season and it just didn't feel right to share a pumpkin recipe in the middle of April. So here we go. I made these recently and love the texture and spice combination. They're so perfect this time of the year, or any time really. I hope you love these as much as I did!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp tapioca
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp FlavorGod Pumpkin Pie (sub 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie spice + 1 tbsp maple sugar or other granulated sugar)
- 1 cup Nikki's Pumpkin Spice Donut coconut butter, melted
- 1 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter, melted
For the glaze:
- 2 tbsp raw cashews
- 2 tbsp Nikkis Cashew Cookie Butter (melted)
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a stand mixer, whisk together the eggs and vanilla until slightly frothy. Add the canned pumpkin and whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until just incorporated.
- With the mixer on, slowly pour in the coconut butter. Whisk until combined. Batter will be slightly thick and "flows like lava"
- Grease a donut pan (or use a bread loaf pan to make one loaf). Divide the batter between the wells, fill to about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes. Let the donuts cool completely before removing.
- To make glaze, soak raw cashews in water while donuts are baking. When donuts are cooling, drain the cashews and add to a blender with the remaining glaze ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and place on a cooling rack to set.
Recipe and photos by our friend Denise, @denimelon on IG.