Red Cashew Coconut Curry Cauliflower Rice
This is a very exciting recipe for us because it's savory! Our go-to creations with our coconut butters are mostly sweet, so when we get an idea for something savory, it's super special! This one was contributed to us by our friend, Dana with Real Food with Dana and I am so excited to share it with you today. This curry cauli rice recipe is pretty awesome- and we're huge fans of curry, so we know quite a bit about this stuff. Our Cashew Cookie Butter adds a nice creamy texture with a nutty flavor to balance out the curry and ginger- so perfect! Let us know what you think of this one and go follow Dana for some more awesome healthy recipes!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small head cauliflower
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk (I only used the cream from the top of the can)
- 1 ½ Tbsp red curry paste**
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Nikki’s Cashew Cookie Coconut Butter
- Make your cauliflower into rice by putting it through the shredding attachment on the food processor. Set aside.
- Add the coconut oil to a large pan over medium heat, allow it to melt completely. This should take about a minute.
- Once the pan is hot and the oil is melted, add the cauliflower. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the cauliflower is lightly browned and soft, but not mushy.
- Stir in the coconut milk, minced ginger and garlic. The coconut milk will bubble since the pan is still hot: stir the rice continuously for about 1 minute, then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Stir in the curry paste, coconut-cashew butter, sea salt, and lime juice, using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to break up the curry paste and distribute it evenly throughout the dish. Simmer an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. Taste to adjust salt.
- Serve hot, with your protein of choice! Garnish with cilantro and chopped scallions.
**Feel free to add more curry paste, to taste, if you like it extra spicy!
Recipe + Pictures by Dana of www.realfoodwithdana.com and @realfoodwithdana on instagram.