Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
I love everything FALL from pumpkin spiced lattes to apple pie and sweater weather (or at least pretend sweater weather here in FL!) These Snickerdoodle Cookies by my friend Rachel remind me of why I love this season. Cinnamon and apples go so well together and I love the idea of combining them into cookies. These treats are great for a Fall snack or cookie platter to share with friends at work or at your next gathering. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 T arrowroot starch
- 1/2 c vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (Ceylon preferred for its sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 c coconut water + 2 slices of apple (use blender *see note below)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pulp-free apple juice
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 T melted vanilla cake batter coconut butter
Topping for dusting :
- 4 T coconut sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the apple sauce, apple juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and egg in a bowl.
- Blend the 1/4 c coconut water + apple slices in a blender until the apple pieces are very small and diced.
- Add into the wet mixture along with the melted coconut butter and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the protein powder, arrowroot, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, stirring in a bit at a time.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the batter into balls, and dip each one into the small bowl, coating all sides with the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Lay cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and gently flatten until the cookies are about 1.5 inches wide.
- Bake for 17 min!
Recipe and photos by Rachel of @theheartfelttable on IG.