Protein-Powered Blueberry Muffins
I'll never forget the days we baked blueberry muffins when I was little. They were always so much fun to make and so delish to eat. These little muffins take me back to those days, except they're gluten free and protein powered, so you'll feel full and ready to take on the day! Don't forget to drizzle some extra coconut butter on top!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 3/4 c vegan protein powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 1/2 T coconut oil (gently melted)
- 1 T honey
- 1 T vanilla cake batter coconut butter (gently melted)
- 1/2 t almond extract or vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1/2 c fresh blueberries
- ICING DRIZZLE : 2 T vanilla cake batter coconut butter + 1/2 t honey
- Set oven to 350.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat the egg, melted oil, coconut butter, milk, and extract until well-mixed. Carefully stir in the blueberries.
- Line or spray a mini muffin pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes (depending on desired texture - I like mine crispy on top so I go closer to 18 minutes!)
- Once they are just barely warm, drizzle on the coconut butter icing.
- *To make this recipe vegan, sub egg for a flax egg and honey for maple syrup!
Recipe and pictures by our friend Rachel of @theheartfelttable on IG.