Gluten Free Granola to pair with Nikki's Coconut Butter
We decided to make this granola in an effort to create a healthier snack that we could pair with our coconut butter. We love the crunchiness of granola and how well it pairs with our creamy coconut butter, but if we wanted to be in control of the ingredients we had to create our very own. This granola recipe is only sweetened with some maple syrup and uses all Paleo friendly and gluten free ingredients. We used Macadamias and Almonds in this version, but Pecans, Hazelnuts or Cashews could work just as well for some variations!
(makes 2 servings)
2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
1/3 Cup Almonds
1/3 Cup Macadamias
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
3 Tbs Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
pinch Sea Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and in a food processor, coarsely chop almonds and macadamia nuts (be careful in over processing and getting a fine powder!)
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl add oats and chopped nuts and mix.
3. In a small microwave safe dish melt coconut oil (about 30 seconds in the microwave) and then add maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt and mix well.
4 Pour wet mixture slowly onto dry mixture while combining the ingredients at the same time. Make sure the granola is all equally covered.
5 Pour granola onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and make sure the contents are equally spread out.
6. Bake in oven for 10 minutes then check and stir with a wooden spoon then bake another 10 minutes. Granola should have a light golden color.
7. Once it's out of the oven, let the granola cool 10 minutes
8. Prepare a small bowl or jar with your favorite flavor of Nikki's Coconut Butter and topping of choice. We used Vanilla Cake Batter and blueberries in season for this one.