You guys! I asked my friend Denise aka @Denimelon on Instagram to help me create some amazing recipes and let me tell you, she did not disappoint! As usual, her recipes are beautifully photographed and more importantly Paleo and Gluten Free- I will be dreaming about this chia seed pudding tonight and cannot wait to try it out!
*Remember to soak the cashews overnight or make the whole recipe ahead for breakfast the next morning and you will love yourself for this when you wake up!
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup water (for soaking) + 1 additional cup water
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Cake Batter Coconut Butter
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 packet of Pitaya or Acai pack, frozen
- 1 frozen spear of pinapple
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
1. Prepare the cashew milk by soaking 1/4 cup cashews with 1 cup of water overnight in the fridge. The next day, drain and rinse the cashews. In a high powdered blender, add the soaked cashews with a fresh cup of water, blend. Then blend in the Vanilla Cake Batter Coconut Butter and the vanilla.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of cashew milk in a separate container. Set aside. Pour remaining cashew milk into a jar and stir in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. Allow to thicken (about 10-15 minutes). This can be made ahead and placed in the fridge overnight.
3. To prepare the parfait, blend 1 frozen packet of Pitaya or Acai with 1 frozen spear of pineapple, 1/2 medium banana (frozen or non frozen), and 1/4 cup frozen berries with 1/4 cup reserved cashew milk. Layer chia seed pudding and pitaya/acai smoothie alternative. Top with a mixture of chopped nuts, dried coconuts, or fresh fruit.
Recipe + Photos courtesy of @denimelon on Instagram and denimeloneats.blogspot.com. Go check her out!