Chocolate Coconut Cashew Bars
I love cooking or baking with my toddler, when at all possible. I think it's very empowering for him and a fun way to connect. These chocolate coconut cashew bars are one of those treats that are perfect to make with the kiddos. With little cooking (besides melting the chocolate) and fun steps, these bars are not only fun, but they're great for back to school snacks.
• 1 1/2 c dried prunes (figs or dates work great here too)
• 2 c raw cashews
• 1 c coconut flakes (plus extra for topping)
• 2 T Cashew Coconut Butter
• 1 tsp vanilla
• dash of sea salt (1/4 tsp)
• 1/3 c dark chocolate
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place cashew, coconut, salt, vanilla, and prunes in food processor.
- Blend until all is mixed well but not pureed
- Pour mixture into baking dish and press down well.
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, heat until melted about 60-90
- seconds mixing half way.
- Pour chocolate over the cashew coconut batter and spread it evenly in the dish
- to cover all.
- Sprinkle extra coconut and dash of sea salt on top of chocolate (evenly).
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes or fridge for a few hrs.
- Once they are hardened, remove from fridge.
- Slice and enjoy! Best kept in fridge for freshness.
Recipe and photos by Noelle of Pen and Piper.