Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread
This chocolate banana bread is amazing and will win over anyone who is skeptical about your paleo/gluten-free lifestyle. Our Dark Chocolate Fudge is the perfect flavor to bring this banana bread to another level. You can add in some chopped pecans or hazelnuts to add some crunch or leave it without the nuts. Either way, it's awesome!
Make this recipe ahead and cut up slices to enjoy for breakfast during the week. You can add banana slices and drizzle more dark chocolate fudge coconut butter to make your breakfast extra special.
- 3 large extra ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons Dark Chocolate Fudge Coconut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1lb loaf pan and then line with parchment paper.
- Smash the bananas and place in a bowl or stand mixer and then add the eggs, coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the pecans and use a spatula to fold them in to the batter.
- Scoop out the coconut butter in to a bowl and use a spoon to stir until it is slightly softened.
- Use a spoon to drop small amounts of coconut butter on top of the banana bread batter and then use the tip of a pairing knife to streak and swirl the butter on top.
- Place the bread in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes and place a piece of foil on top and cook for about another 20-25 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
This recipe was created and photographed by our friend Jessi. You can find her awesome creations at @jessiskitchen on instagram!