Strawberry Vanilla Mug Cake
Our friend Denise, is a bit of a genius in the kitchen. She just creates the best sweets and treats and we're lucky to have her contribute to this Recipes Section of our site. I'll be honest here. I've never gotten truly excited about mug cakes before.. Maybe it's the not-so-appetizing look. Maybe it's the small portion size? Yes, that's it.
Well, that's definitely not the case with this one. The flavors that come out from the fresh strawberries cooked with lemon juice and the added sweetness of the vanilla cake batter coconut butter make this a real winner!
Now it's your turn, go cook and enjoy :)
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (omit if berries are sweet enough)
- 1/4 cup Nikkis vanilla cake batter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp honey/maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- To make the strawberry vanilla cake batter coconut butter: Cook 1 cup of the strawberries with lemon juice and 1 tbsp honey/maple (if using) until soft and syrupy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into blender.
- Puree the strawberries until smooth.
- Mix 2-4 tbsp of the strawberry puree with the vanilla cake batter coconut butter.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Divide the remaining strawberries into microwave safe cups/ramekins.
- In a bowl, whisk the strawberry coconut butter with 2 eggs, honey/maple, and vanilla until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream,
NikkisDark Chocolate Fudge, and fresh fruit.
Recipe and pictures by Denise over at @denimelon on IG.